Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fall In France

Crunching the red-brown leaves of autumn under my feet during long walks has been one of the greatest constants in my otherwise peripatetic existence. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I never miss out on Fall colors. This year, it happens to be France.

I'm quite excited about experiencing the season outside a city for the first time. Usually, Fall on the East Coast of America consisted of hundreds of pumpkin spice lattes, an occasional violently red tree on the sidewalk and a well-planned leaf-peeping trip outside the city. Now, I have an entire forest in my backyard. 

So, cue the long walks through damp piles of leaves. The slight chill in the air which holds the promise hot chocolate in chipped cups at the end of the trail. And a complete lack of desire to plan a Fall excursion to any place other than my backyard. This is pure bliss!

 This is Fall in France. And it's pretty perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment